Enjoy freshly baked scones with this Mary Berry Scones Recipe. Easy and quick to make, you will always have a sweet treat to serve to friends and family with a cup of tea.
How to Make Mary Berry Scones
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 50g Butter (softened)
- 25g Caster Sugar
- 1x Large Egg
* Pre-heat the oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas Mark 7 *
- Measure both the butter, flour and baking powder and combine inside a large mixing bowl. You will need to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until resembling fine breadcrumbs. Once you have reached this texture, then mix in the sugar.
- Separately in a mixing jug, crack the egg and lightly beat. Add the milk until the combined volume is 125ml. Stir most of this wet mixture into the crumbled flour and butter mix. Be sure to keep 1 tbsp to one side to glaze the scones before baking.
- Place this mixture onto a lightly floured surface to stop sticking. Knead lightly and then using the rolling pin, roll out to the 1.25cm (½ inch) thickness. Next, with the fluted cutter, cut out and make 10 scones.
- On a greased baking sheet, place each scone spaced out and brush the tops with the remaining mix and place into the preheated oven for around 10 minutes or until a pale golden brown colour.
Serve with jam and thick cream and enjoy!
More Mary Berry Recipes
Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe
Create this classic sponge with the Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe from her 'Fast Cakes' cookbook. A perfect choice for bakers of all experience.
Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe
Create a super moist carrot cake sponge with this original Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe. Inspired by her extensive know-how this recipe like many others is simply delicious.