This easy-to-follow Mary Berry Lemon Drizzle Cake Traybake Recipe is a guaranteed hit with friends and family. A perfect choice for bakers of all experiences, this simple-to-follow Lemon Drizzle Cake Traybake recipe is a guaranteed favourite for friends and family. We personally love serving this with warm custard!
How to Make Mary Berry Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Baking: 30 - 40 Minutes
- Servings: 14 - 16 People
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 225g Baking Spread
- 275g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Finely Grated Zest of 2 Lemon
- 4x Large Egg
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 175g Granulated Sugar
* Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas Mark 4 *
- Grease a 30cm x 23cm traybake tin and line it with nonstick baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, put all of the ingredients inside and mix well with an electric whisk.
- Scrap the mixture into the lined tin you prepared earlier and spread until level with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Place inside the preheated oven for around 30-40 minutes (until a knife comes out clean).
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze in a separate bowl. Mix the lemon juice and sugar together well until the glaze has a runny consistency.
- As soon as the tray bake comes out of the oven, get a straw and piece holes throughout the top of the bake and pour the glaze over the top and sprinkle with the zest of the lemons previously squeezed. Put the cake to one side until the glaze has set.
- Once cold, remove the bake from the tin and cut it into 16 pieces.
More Mary Berry Recipes
Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe
Create this classic sponge with the Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe from her 'Fast Cakes' cookbook. A perfect choice for bakers of all experience.
Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe
Create a super moist carrot cake sponge with this original Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe. Inspired by her extensive know-how this recipe like many others is simply delicious.