Discover how to make a Mary Berry Victoria sponge with this easy to follow recipe from her Fast Cakes recipe book which is now free when you purchase a Kenwood Mary Berry Special Edition Chef Elite Stand Mixer.
How to Make Mary Berry Victoria Sponge
- Serves: 8
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Baking Time: 25 - 30 Minutes
- 225g Margarine (from fridge)
- 225g Caster Sugar (plus extra to sprinkle)
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4x Large Eggs
- 200ml Double Cream
- 6-8 tbsp Strawberry Jam (approx.)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Fan 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease two 20cm (8") round sandwich pans and line with non-stick baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl measure the baking spread, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder. Beat thoroughly using your Mary Berry Food Mixer until a smooth texture.
- Evenly divide the mixture between your cake tins and place in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes. You can check by lightly pressing the top of the sponge, which if baked should spring back.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for several minutes. Carefully turn out the sponges, removing the paper and leave to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl measure your double cream and whisk until stiff.
- When the sponges are completely cold spread a layer of jam on one sponge and the freshly whipped cream on the other before sandwiching them together. Gently lift onto a serving plate and dust with caster sugar.
More Mary Berry Recipes
Mary Berry Banana Bread Recipe
Enjoy this divine-smelling Banana Bread recipe by Mary Berry. Using ripe bananas to create a delicious banana loaf that can be enjoyed with family and friends.
Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe
This rich, moist carrot cake is a must try! Whether you are a beginner or more experienced this Carrot Cake recipe is a fantastic choice to try at home.