Potters Cookshop is the extension of the long-established Essex-based 'Potters of Hockley'. The Potters brand dates back to 1909 when it was founded by Inifer Potter who first established a general store and grocery before going on to expand into different departments.
After the war Deny's Potter took over from his father and began a gradual transformation of the business, modernising the shop front in the 1960's and extending again in the 1970's. In 2008 the store was again extended to cater for a growing range of products and in 2009 the brand turned 100 years old.
Since then the store has undergone further transformations to make it even bigger and able to offer more exciting brands and items. To celebrate the launch we undertook a full week of exciting events with special guests including TV chef and School of Wok founder Jeremy Pang and Great British Bake Off Winner Candice Brown.
Even after 100 years, the Potters brand remains completely independent and family run.
- 2016 Housewares Innovation Awards | Britains Best Cookshop
- 2016 Bira Retail Employee of The Year | Alison Hobbs
- 2015 Excellence in Housewares | Retailer of The Year
- 2015 Housewares Innovation Awards | Best Rising Star
- 2010 Hockley Chamber of Commerce
- 1993 Carlton Cup | Best Christmas Window Display
Inifer Potter & Son LTD
2-8 Main Road