Winter is almost upon us, there’s a chill in the air, and a desire for winter warmer cosy food! Homemade soup is always an all-time winner, with warm bread rolls spread with butter that melts and creates that delicious taste. But making soup from scratch can be such a faff, right? Well, we have the solution in the Tower T12055 Soup Maker now available with a free 500ml flask! The easy way to make soup with minimal mess and fuss. Read on to find out more.
The Tower T12055 Soup Maker is so easy to use, creating great tasting soup in as little as 19 minutes. Designed with a compact footprint, it’s ideal for small households as it takes up little space unlike some bulky food blenders.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 19 minutes
- Setting: Smooth
- Serves: 2 - 3
- 400g very ripe tomatoes, halved
- 130g red onion cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves (or ‘Easy Garlic’ equivalent from a jar or tube)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper (ideally ground black pepper)
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 1 ½ tsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp brown sugar (or other sugar if brown isn’t available)
- 5g fresh basil leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6
- Place the tomatoes skin side up into a roasting tin with the onion and garlic. Drizzle over the oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until softened and a little charred.
- Carefully place the contents into the soup maker with the stock, tomato puree, brown sugar and basil.
- Select the smooth setting as per the soup maker instructions.
- Once ready season to taste and serve with warm bread rolls and butter - delicious!
You can download this recipe here
Why not check out our other blogs - click here to browse our recipes.
You may also be interested in...
Spicy Lentil & Tomato Soup Recipe
Based on an old family recipe, this Spicy Tomato and Lentil Soup recipe combines a variety of warming ingredients with flavoursome hints of spice making it a perfect choice for a cold Winters evening.