How to Make Spicy Lentil Soup
Based on an old family recipe, this Spicy Tomato and Lentil Soup recipe combines a variety of warming ingredients with flavoursome hints of spice making it a perfect choice for a cold Winters evening.
- 50g Red Lentils
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Mixed Herbs
- 2 Small Onions (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Tabasco Sauce
- 800g Chopped Tomatoes (Tinned)
- 2 Red or Green Peppers (Chopped)
- Soup Maker (Alternatively a Large Saucepan)
- Measuring Utensils
- Chopping Board
- Hand Blender
- Pour all the ingredients into a soup maker (or large saucepan), stir and boil for 10 minutes.
- Once this has reached a boil, turn the heat down so that the soup mixture can simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat after 30 minutes and let cool slightly.
- Once the soup has cooled, blend until smooth or until you have reached the desired consistency and serve!
Enjoy with warm crusty bread and a splash of cream!
You can download this recipe here