Enjoy this easy and simple air fryer recipe for home made fries. A perfect accompaniment to fresh flavoursome burgers or even as a snack! Using an air fryer makes sure this potato dish crispy but fluffy on the inside even with using up to 99% less fat than other conventional ways of cooking. Making this recipe quick and delicious!
- 2 Large White Potatoes (Alternatively use 2 Sweet Potatoes)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder or Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash and peel the 2 potatoes or sweet potatoes, pat dry with paper towels and cut into your desired thickness (we recommend 2cm thickness)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil with added salt. Add the sliced potatoes and boil for 10 minutes until you are able to poke a knife through.
- Once boiled, drain the potatoes and rinse under cold water which will stop them from cooking further.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the oil, chilli powder or garlic powder, salt, pepper and sliced potatoes and mix until all the chips are covered with the ingredients.
- Remove the covered chips from the mixing bowl with your fingers or a utensil so that the oil remains in the bowl.
- Place the chips into the air fryer for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.