- 200g Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 400g (14oz) All-Purpose Flour
- 400g (14oz) Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Warm Water
- 80ml of Vegetable Oil
- 85g of Buttermilk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 200g of Unsalted Butter
- 150ml of Double Cream
- 100ml of Irish Liqueur
- 1 Tsp of Flaked Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Using a small amount of unsalted butter, grease the inside of the Bundt tin, ensuring it is completely covered.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well with a food mixer until smooth (This should take a couple of minutes).
- Pour this mix into the greased Bundt tin, before putting this into the oven, tap the tin on the worktop a handful of times which will remove the air bubbles from the batter.
- Bake for 45 / 50 minutes until a baking utensil / knife comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes until completely cool.
- Mix the butter, cream, salt and Irish liqueur together in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Once the Bundt cake has cooled then drizzle the sauce over the top of the cake and serve!
You can download this recipe here