- Serves: 8-10
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2kg Pumpkin (Chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Diced Red Onions
- 1 Handful of Chopped Oregano
- ½ Tsp (2.5ml) Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper To Season
- Olive Oil
- 1.5L Vegetable Stock
- Tabasco Sauce (Optional)
- Crusty part-baked rolls
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Place all the ingredients, except the stock, on a large baking tray. Cover olive oil and mix together, ensuring all the ingredients are coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for 90 minutes, checking regularly that the vegetables don’t catch. Once cooked, remove from the oven, and place the contents of the tray into a large cast-iron casserole dish and remove the skin of the garlic.
- Pour the stock over the roasted ingredients and on medium heat, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow all the flavours to combine.
- Using a stick blender or jug blender, blend the soup until smooth and silky. Season to taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh cream, picked Oregano and a crusty warm role or baguette.
Tip: The soup freezes well and will last stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Add chilli and ginger to the roasting process and finish off with coconut cream to mix up the flavour.
You can download this recipe here