- Serves: 5
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 120g Unsalted Butter, Plus Extra For Greasing
- 120g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Tsp Orange Extract
- 100g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 60g Nutella
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 300g Chocolate Spread
- 5 Reese’s Cups
- 10 Chocolate Buttons
- 10 Orange Matchmakers
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and orange extract, and then in a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- When the butter and sugar mixture is light and fluffy, crack in one of the eggs and add a tablespoon of the flour mixture. Whisk until the egg is well mixed and then repeat again with the second egg.
- Once both eggs are added, pour in the remaining flour along with the Nutella and milk. Whisk until a smooth, thick batter forms.
- Take 5 petite casseroles and grease with a little butter. Divide the cake batter between the casseroles, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
- To decorate, divide the chocolate spread between the cakes and smooth over the top of each using a palette knife. Stick one Reese’s cup in the middle of each iced cake and stick on two chocolate buttons using a little chocolate spread.
- Using the matchmakers, add 8 legs (4 on either side) to the spider body.
Serve and Enjoy!
You can download this recipe here