Perfect for feeding a small family, this easy Chicken pie recipe with leek is creamy and delicious, a perfect choice for the colder weather!
- Serves: 4 - 6
- Preparation: 15 Minutes
- Total Cooking Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes Approx.
- 450g Chicken Thighs (Boneless)
- 2 Small Leeks (Washed and sliced into small chunks)
- A Small Bunch of Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- 2 Tbsp of Cornflour
- 250ml Milk
- 50g Salted Butter
- 200ml Single Cream
- 2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 350g Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1x Medium / Large Pie Dish
- 1x Saucepan
- 1x Pastry Brush
- 1x Turner / Spatula
- Cut the chicken and leeks into small bite-sized pieces and place them into a saucepan with a dash of oil on medium heat. Pour over the milk and season well and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take this mixture off the heat and let cool slightly, then pour the mixture into a sieve to separate the milk. Keep the jug of milk to one side to use later.
- Next, melt the butter in a saucepan and once melted mix the cornflour and basil and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, continuously stirring. Gradually add the strained milk mixture whilst stirring to make a slightly thick sauce.
- Eventually, you will need to add the cream and mustard, once this has all been added, add the chicken and leek mixture and stir well.
- Grab your pie dish and pour the filling mixture into this. Finally, roll out the pastry and cover the top of the dish with this but make sure that a vent hole is cut into the middle of the pastry to allow for air circulation.
- Glaze the pastry with the beaten egg and place it in the oven at a temperature of 190°C / 170°F / Gas Mark 5 for 30 minutes and a golden brown colour.