- 120ml Milk
- 425ml Hot Water
- 115g (4oz) Self Raising Flour
- 170g (6oz) Caster Sugar
- 115g (4oz) Brown Sugar
- 28g (1oz) Margarine / Butter (Melted)
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1x Mixing Bowl
- 1x Kitchen Scales
- 1x Spatula / Cooks Spoon
- 1x 1.5 Litre Greased Ovenproof Dish (Approx. 21cm diameter)
- 1x Cocoa Shaker / Sieve
- In a mixing bowl sieve the flour, add the caster sugar, 55g of brown sugar, pinch of salt and the 2 tbsp of cocoa powder into a mixing bowl and slowly add the milk, mixing well using a kitchen spoon or spatula.
- Once the mixture has been stirred thoroughly, add the melted margarine / butters and vanilla essence and stir again.
- Pour your mixture into a greased ovenproof dish or dishes and tap on the worktop to make sure it is flat in the tin.
- Sprinkle the top of the mixture with the rest of the brown sugar and cocoa powder, carefully pour the hot water over the top of the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Pre-heat your oven at gas mark 4 / 180°C. Place the dish into the oven and leave to bake for 40 - 60 minutes.
- Once baked the outside of the pudding will be crusted while the inside remains soft and gooey.
If you are entertaining multiple guests we recommend creating multiple mini-puddings, to do this, simply follow the above steps and reduce your cooking time depending on the size of your choice of dishes.
Best served hot with lashings of custard, double cream or ice cream! Enjoy!!