- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 Shallots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp of Crushed Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp of Paprika
- 500g of Pumpkin (Peeled and cut into 3cm cubes)
- 100ml of Single Cream
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 5 Tbsp of Crème Fraiche
- 350g of Pasta (Rigatoni or Penne is recommended)
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow pan over a medium heat and fry the shallots until translucent, add the minced garlic and fry for a further minute and then turn off the heat and put to one side.
- Boil water in a deep saucepan with a little salt and place the pumpkin inside and boil until soft when poked with a sharp knife. Drain and place into a blender and blitz with the shallots, garlic and cream until smooth. Tip this mixture into a large frying pan with the tomato puree, paprika and crème fraiche and bring to a simmer.
- The final stage is to cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted water, drain this and keep back 1 cup of the drained water for later. Pour this sauce over the pasta and mix well. Add the water you saved from the pasta to loosen the dish. Top with chilli flakes and enjoy!
You can download this recipe here