- Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus marinating time
- Cooking Time: 1hr 30 minutes
- Serves: 6 – 8
- 2kg Leg of Lamb
- 200g Butter (softened)
- 8 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 20g Rosemary (picked & chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Dried Mint Leaves
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 4-5 Tsp of Lemon Juice
- 25ml Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
*Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/Gas Mark 6*
- Place the leg of lamb from the packaging and pat dry with paper towels, place this into the casserole dish and leave on the countertop to reach room temperature. This will make the meat more tender due to less cooking time (This will take around 1 hour)
- Whilst the lamb is warming up, place the softened butter, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, olive oil, nutmeg, oregano, mint leaves and salt & pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Pierce the skin of the leg of lamb with a sharp knife until there are holes around 1 to 1 ½cm deep. This will ensure the marinade will keep the meat tender and flavoursome.
- Spread the marinade all over the meat making sure the pierced holes are saturated in the mix.
- Place the lamb in the oven covered with a lid, after 1 hour of cooking, remove the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes to brown the meat.
- Once the lamb is cooked and browned how you like it, let rest for 10-15 minutes and serve with your desired side dishes.