This recipe is based on a traditional Moroccan lamb casserole which is a perfect dish to make now the weather is getting colder, featuring the Barbary & Oak Collection with Cast Iron Casserole Dishes, Frying Pans and Grill Pans. A Kitchen must have for those dinners which will warm you up after a cold winters day.
- 550g Lean Lamb / Beef (Cubed)
- 1x White Onion
- 1lb (450g) Butternut Squash (Peeled and Cut Into Large Cubes) - (Pre boiled for 10 minutes)
- A Handful Of Coriander
- 2x Cloves of Garlic
- 700ml Lamb/Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 700ml Passata
- 2 Tsp of White Pepper
- 1x Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion, garlic, pepper and salt and a dash of water and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the lamb / beef to the frying pan and sear until brown on the outside. (Stir Often).
- Transfer the mixture from the frying pan into the casserole dish and add the pre-boiled butternut squash, lamb/beef stock, passata and coriander to the dish and thoroughly stir.
- Once mixed, cover the casserole dish with the lid and place it in the oven for 1 ½ hours. After this time, take the casserole out and give it a good stir (Add extra salt or pepper to taste) and then cook for another hour.
Best served with roasted root vegetables or mash and enjoy!