This recipe is based on a traditional Moroccan lamb casserole which is a perfect dish to make now the weather is getting colder, featuring the Barbary & Oak Collection with Cast Iron Casserole Dishes, Frying Pans and Grill Pans. A Kitchen must have for those dinners which will warm you up after a cold winters day.
- 550g Lean Lamb / Beef (Cubed)
- 1x White Onion
- 1lb (450g) Butternut Squash (Peeled and Cut Into Large Cubes) - (Pre boiled for 10 minutes)
- A Handful Of Coriander
- 2x Cloves of Garlic
- 700ml Lamb/Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 700ml Passata
- 2 Tsp of White Pepper
- 1x Pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion, garlic, pepper and salt and a dash of water and cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the lamb / beef to the frying pan and sear until brown on the outside. (Stir Often).
- Transfer the mixture from the frying pan into the casserole dish and add the pre-boiled butternut squash, lamb/beef stock, passata and coriander to the dish and thoroughly stir.
- Once mixed, cover the casserole dish with the lid and place it in the oven for 1 ½ hours. After this time, take the casserole out and give it a good stir (Add extra salt or pepper to taste) and then cook for another hour.
Best served with roasted root vegetables or mash and enjoy!
You can download this recipe here