How to Make Millionaire Shortbread
Create deliciously sweet and tasty Millionaire's Shortbread with this simple, easy to follow recipe requiring basic ingredients and baking know how. With a hardened chocolate top, gooey caramel middle and a crunchy shortbread base, these treats are to die for!
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 275g Plain Flour
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 200g Unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 ½ Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tin of Condensed milk (397g)
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g White Chocolate
- Warm-up your oven to 180°C (160°C Fan Oven) and line a 9 x 9inch deep tin with baking paper.
- Mix together both the sugar and butter in a stand mixer (If you have one) until smooth, then add the flour and marshmallows and mix until a dough is formed.
- Press the butter and sugar mixture tightly into the bottom of the tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (Until it looks a faded golden colour).
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to the side to slightly cool. In a large saucepan heat the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup and melt until the sugar has dissolved - Stir frequently to stop anything from sticking.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5-7 minutes stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the pan. Be CAREFUL as the mixture is very hot and can burn and stick to you if it splashes.
- The mixture will be ready when it has changed to a caramel colour, and has thickened to a soft fudge texture.
- Pour the caramel mixture onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge.
- Once this has set in the fridge, melt the dark chocolate and pour over the refrigerated caramel layer. Repeat this stage with the milk chocolate and swirl into it with the end of a cake skewer or knife so it forms a marble effect.
- Chill the shortbread back in the fridge for another 1-2 hours until the chocolate has gone hard. The last part before you can eat and enjoy it is to melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the top, wait to cool and enjoy!!!