This easy to follow Mary Berry Banana Bread Recipe is a guaranteed hit with friends and family. A perfect choice for bakers of all experience, this simple to follow banana loaf recipe is a guaranteed favourite for friends and family. We personally love serving this with warm custard!
How to Make Mary Berry Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep: 10 Minutes
- Baking: 1 1/2 Hours
- Servings: 10
- x2 Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
- 100g Wholemeal Flour
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 1x tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Butter
- 175g Light Brown Sugar
- 2x Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 150g Natural Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin with and cover with non-stick baking paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl measure all the ingredients and beat well using a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for around 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
Tip: Insert a skewer into the centre. If this comes out clean the banana bread is ready.
- After removing from the oven leave to cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, turn the banana loaf out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve each slice of banana bread with butter or lashings of warm custard.
More Mary Berry Recipes
Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe
Create this classic sponge with the Mary Berry Victoria Sponge Recipe from her 'Fast Cakes' cookbook. A perfect choice for bakers of all experience.
Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe
Create a super moist carrot cake sponge with this original Mary Berry Carrot Cake Recipe. Inspired by her extensive know-how this recipe like many others is simply delicious.