Judge Ice Cream Maker Recipes
These easy to follow recipes by Judge are a perfect way to get creative in the kitchen and to cool down in the summer months! This compact appliance provides joy for users of all ages and is equipped with in-depth instructions to get you started.
As featured in BBC Good Food - Review
Title - Judge Fully Automatic 1.5 Litre Ice Cream Maker - White
Model - JEA57
Price - £29.95
Features We Love
- Large 1.5 litre capacity
- Perfect entertainment for all ages
- One-touch fully automatic ensuring easy operation
- Create fresh sorbet, frozen yoghurt or ice cream in just 20-40 minutes
- Covered by a 2-year Judge guarantee
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
Effortlessly create creamy vanilla ice cream with this custard based vanilla ice cream recipe from Judge. A perfect choice for those who love fresh ice cream (especially in a heat wave)! Mix and match additional ingredients to create your own bespoke creations and let us know in the comments section below!
- 3x Egg Yolks
- 50-60g Caster Sugar
- 250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 200ml Double Cream
- Few Drops of Vanilla Essence
- In a glass mixing bowl add the egg yolks and sugar and beat them together.
- Using a saucepan gently bring the milk to a boil, then pour into your egg and sugar mixture whilst beating together.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to form a film on the back of a spoon.
Note: Avoid boiling as this will cause the mixture to separate.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool until cold, then stir in the double cream and vanilla essence.
How to Make Raspberry Frozen Yoghurt
This basic frozen yoghurt is easy to create and a delicious choice to cool down with during the Summer months. You can experiment with different fruit and ingredients to tailor it to your specific taste.
- 300ml Natural Yoghurt
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 250g Fresh Raspberries (other fruits can be used)
- Mash or puree the raspberries.
Tip: For a smooth texture use a sieve to remove the pips
- Add the sugar and natural yoghurt and mix thoroughly together.
- Next, add this mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the 'How To Instructions' below.
How to Use
Before we get started you want to make sure the freezer bowl is first cooled before continuing with the following steps. Full set-up instructions are included with the machine. (Bowl must be kept in the freezer for at least 8 hours before use).
- Prepare your mixture using the above recipes (or alternatives).
Tip: If you have difficulty pouring mix you can warm it slightly to make it more runny.
- Assemble the Ice Cream Maker and place it on a dry, flat surface.
- Turn on the machine and the paddle will rotate. Begin pouring your ice cream mix through the fill opening in the lid.
Note: Do not pour the mixture directly into the bowl as this will cause the mix to freeze to the side and bottom of the basin preventing the paddle from working correctly.
- Leave to run for roughly 20 minutes (maximum 40 minutes) before setting the On/Off switch to "O".
- Remove the lid from the maker with attached parts and place the ice cream into another container. You can then enjoy it directly or place it in the freezer for future enjoyment!
- Avoid using metal utensils in the bowl.
- Ice cream will be softer than store bought ice cream.
- Place in the freezer for a more firm consistency if necessary.