- Prep: 25 minutes
- Serves 8 - 10 people
- 200g Shortbread biscuits
- 150g Butter (Melted)
- 400g Tin of Caramel
- 3 Small Bananas (Sliced)
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1 Tbsp of Icing Sugar
- Sprinkle of Cocoa Powder
- Mixing Bowl
- Loose Base Fluted Tart Tin
- Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- Table Spoon
- Crush the digestives in a food processor or crush in a food bag until into crumbs and tip into the mixing bowl. Mix with the melted butter until fully incorporated.
- Tip this mixture into the fluted tin and push down then smooth with the back of a spoon until level and smooth. Chill this for 1 hour (Preferably overnight)
- Mix the caramel in a mixing bowl with a whisk until loose and spoon over the top of the biscuit base. Ensure this is spread evenly with the back of a spoon (or palette knife).
- Slice the banana into even slices and push them into the caramel mixture in the tin until covered and place back in the fridge to chill.
- Whip both the cream and icing sugar together until it has reached a thick consistency, remove the pie from the fridge and gently spoon this mixture over the caramel and banana pieces until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder or shavings of dark chocolate if you prefer and serve!
You can download this recipe here