How to Make Flapjacks
Flapjacks are a great choice for bakers of all skills and expertise, they are simple to create requiring just basic ingredients and equipment.
Our flapjack recipe is sweet and buttery making them a perfect sweet treat to have all year round.
Tip - Add a special touch by adding nuts, dried fruit, chocolate, and other ingredients into your flapjack mixture to enhance the flavour and texture.
- Creates: 12 - 16 Flapjacks
- Preparation: 20 Minutes
- Baking: 35-40 Minutes
- 4 oz / 115g Butter
- 1 oz / 28g Sugar
- 2 tbsps Golden Syrup (Warmed)
- 8 oz / 225g Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C / Gas 5 and grease a square baking tin.
- Gently heat the syrup, sugar and butter in a saucepan until fully dissolved.
- Cool slightly and stir in the oats and salt before pouring into a greased sandwich / baking tin.
- Place in the middle of your preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the baking tin from the oven and cut the flapjacks into equal sizes before leaving them to cool entirely.
- Once fully cooled you can remove them from the tin to serve.