Create incredible Chinese style pork belly with minimal effort by using a versatile Air Fryer, this easy to follow recipe ensures a crisp top layer with a tender, juicy layers that are packed full of flavour.
Ingredients: Chinese Marinade / Rub
- 500g Pork Belly Slices
- 1.5tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1tsp Garlic Salt
- 1tsp Ground Salt
- 2tsp Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Olive Oil
Note: This recipe is an adaption, we recommend the Tower T17039RGB Vortx 5-In-1 Air Fryer. Cooking times and results may vary if using different models. Please allow for slightly less or longer cooking times.
- Put all dry ingredients into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Tap dry the pork belly using a paper kitchen towel. With the skin side facing up use a sharp knife and score the fat into cubes without cutting into the meat. Alternatively you can perforate the skin using a fork.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredient mix onto the fat side of the pork belly (in between the scored cuts) gently rubbing it in until you have got an even coating.
- To cook in the air fryer, make a tin foil container (with deep sides to catch the moisture) this should cover all sides of the belly apart from the top (we want this to be crispy).
- Make sure there is no seasoning on the meat.
- Set the air fryer to 200°C and place the pork belly in the tin foil container you made earlier.
- Once you have placed the pork in the fryer set the timer for 30 minutes.
- When finished add a sprinkling of salt and lightly brush the olive oil onto the fat side of the pork belly using a basting brush.
- Place the pork belly back in the air fryer at 200°C for a further 30 - 40 minutes.
Once cooked the fat will be crisp and golden whilst the meat will be juicy and tender packed with flavour.