Hands up if you’ve tried any of our recipes from the blog? Easy and cheap to make, boredom busters, entertainment for the kids, and simply providing you and your family with something tasty and homemade to eat - we are loving them here!
Our next recipe is a handy one to pull out of the bag to use with lots of desserts (see suggestions at the end of this blog): Versatile Strawberry Sauce
Versatile Strawberry sauce
(Makes a deep cereal bowl full)
- 400g strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A good splash of fresh orange juice
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and halve or quarter them depending on size. Then give them a rinse. You could use a strawberry huller to make this easier.
- Give them a rough mash with a masher, to partly squash them (don’t completely mash them).
- Add to a pan with the sugar and orange juice and stir together.
- Bring to the boil whilst stirring.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until bubbling gently and looking a little glossy.
- Carefully poor into a bowl and let cool for a while - this will help thicken it up a little.
- Serve warm or cold (you can refrigerate any remaining sauce).
Serving suggestionsWe love this to use on makeshift ice-cream sundaes. Break up some shortbread biscuits and crush a little. Arrange layers of this, ice-cream, squirty cream and the sauce into a glass and you have a really scrummy Ice-cream Sundae. You could replace the biscuit with crushed meringue for a makeshift Eton Mess - divine!
The sauce could also be used as an accompaniment for cheesecake, waffles, Greek yoghurt, pancakes, crepes, cake and milkshakes to name but a few!
Another yummy, quick and easy accompaniment to make - we hope you enjoy it!
Why not check out our other blogs - click here to browse our blogs.
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.