Make delicious and indulgent unicorn fudge with our simple 'how to' guide. Our recipe is so easy that it doesn't even require cooking; making it a perfect activity to try with the children over the school holidays.
- 200ml sweetened condensed milk
- 800g icing (powdered) sugar
- 100g soft butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract or alternative flavouring
- Gel paste food colours x 3
- Sprinkles, sweets and chocolate drops
- Line an 8" brownie tin with greaseproof paper
- Cream together the condensed milk, butter and vanilla extract
- Add the icing sugar and mix until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. We recommend using a mixer for this step as it's hard going (though possible) with a regular spoon and elbow grease!
- Using your hands, bring the mixture together and knead to form a soft dough
- Split the dough into 3 equal-sized pieces and add a small amount of different gel paste colour to each piece; kneading to combine thoroughly
- Pull off small pieces of the coloured dough and add to the lined brownie tin, being sure to mix up the colours until all of the dough pieces are in the tin in a random pattern with no gaps
- Press down on the dough to squash all the different coloured pieces together and form one big slab of multi-coloured fudge. Smooth the top with a cranked palette knife or other implement
- Add the sprinkles, sweets and chocolate drops to the top of the fudge, pressing down lightly to secure the toppings
- Chill uncovered in the fridge for at least 5 hours (or overnight) before turning out the fudge and cutting into bite-sized pieces
And there you have it; your very own homemade unicorn fudge! It makes a lovely party favour or gift for children and adults alike, and as no cooking is involved it is a great way of getting children involved in the kitchen.
Why not get creative with your own choice of flavours, colours, decorations and packaging? Be sure to let us know how you get on!