We all know, especially if you read our last Le Creuset blog, that Le Creuset create stunning kitchen and cookware. And just when we thought that things couldn’t get any better after the recent launch of their colourful and bright Freestyle Collection, something absolutely gobsmacking comes along: the Stoneware Glacé Collection. Surely Le Creuset can’t top this collection for its prettiness?
The Stoneware Glacé Collection
This luxurious collection features a variety of exclusive items created using premium stoneware in stunning pearlised pastel colours including Pearlised Chiffon Pink, Elysees Yellow, Pale Cool Mint and Pale Coastal Blue.
Included in the collection are mugs, espresso mugs, a cafetiere, teapot, ramekins and dip bowls. All items (apart from the cafetiere and teapot) come in sets of four. Fresh and pretty, they come gift boxed making them perfect to give as a gift whether it be for a birthday, Mother’s Day, Christmas and the like; or whether you want to woo guests at an Easter gathering, baby shower, afternoon tea or any special get together. These beautiful table top accessories are a work of art – a dream to look at. Not only that, but add being fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, oven and grill safe and you really can’t ask for more!
Each item is made from specialist clays that are fired at super high temperatures, to ensure the highest quality end products. Le Creuset is so confident with this quality, that they offer a 10 year guarantee on all of their stoneware and dinnerware products. Needless to say, your Le Creuset collection is a real investment and definitely not a false economy. Prices start at £29 – you really won’t be disappointed. Words can’t express the beauty and quality of the Stoneware Glacé Collection. For more specific information on each product click here.
Fancy a recipe to show off in those gorgeous ramekins? Read on…
Cherry Mascarpone Mini Cheesecakes
Admittedly this is a recipe devised by Le Creuset, but it’s so good we just had to share it with you. We made ours in the ramekins and boy did they look and taste good! It’s a no-bake recipe too which is brilliant for an easy dessert that only takes about half an hour plus an hours chilling time! Serves 4.
- 1 pack of Oreo biscuits
- 25g melted butter
- 200g frozen pitted cherries
- 45g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 40ml double cream
- Fresh cherries to serve
- Blitz the Oreos in a food processor to form fine crumbs. Put some aside for decorating/serving later. Stir in the melted butter then spoon equally into four ramekins. Press the mixture into the base then refrigerate for 10 minutes in order to set.
- To make the cherry compote, add the frozen cherries, 30g of the icing sugar, mixed spice and a squeeze of lemon juice to a pan. Cook on a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until it’s ‘jammy’. If it’s still runny, continue to cook until it becomes like jam. Once it reaches this stage, leave to cool.
- To make the ‘cheese’ of the cheesecake, mix the mascarpone, cream and remaining icing sugar until it’s nice and smooth. Put a spoonful of this mixture aside for serving. Mix the cherry compote into the mascarpone cream and mix until fully mixed.
- Take the ramekins out of the fridge and equally spoon in the cheesecake mixture. Chill for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, take the cheesecakes out of the fridge for 5 minutes. Spoon a little of the reserved mascarpone mixture saved from earlier onto one side of each of the cheesecakes. Add a fresh cherry, and sprinkle with some of the reserved Oreo crumbs from earlier.
And it’s as simple as that! An easy dessert recipe that tastes divine and looks amazing in the Stoneware Glacé Ramekins.
We just love this collection. We would love to see your photos of your Le Creuset Glacé items in action – please do share with us. Feel free to share your cheesecake too - enjoy!
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.