So we haven’t had a recipe for quite some time so we thought that we would treat you to something that is absolutely delicious and so very quick and easy to make: Luxury White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread & Butter Pudding. If you think it sounds good, wait until you taste it – scrumptious is an understatement!
Traditional Bread and Butter Pudding (made by layering slices of buttered bread with raisins, over which an egg custard mixture seasoned with nutmeg, vanilla or other spices is poured then baked) is a true British favourite. This recipe is a luxurious twist on this which is so simple to make. So let’s not hang about - here we go!
Luxury White Chocolate and Blueberry Bread & Butter Pudding
- 6 croissants
- 300ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- Half a jar of lemon curd
- Half a punnet of blueberries
- 135g white chocolate
- Grated rind and juice of half a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas
- Grease your baking dish. We recommend the Le Creuset Stoneware 23cm Square Dish: this recipe has been created to suit its size perfectly. Click here for more details.
- Break up the croissants into approximately 2.5cm pieces and put aside.
- Chop the white chocolate into small pieces and put aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly into the cream until mixed.
- Add the lemon curd into the egg and cream mixture and beat.
- Add the lemon juice and rind and mix in.
- Layer the croissant pieces, white chocolate pieces and blueberries into the baking dish.
- Evenly pour the cream mixture over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
So how did yours turn out? We hope you’ll agree that this take on Bread and Butter Pudding is simply divine.
So why Le Creuset?
We recommended the Le Creuset Stoneware 23cm Square Dish for this recipe. There’s good reason for this and it’s simple: quality. Le Creuset has been making world-class cookware for almost 100 years, offering outstanding performance again and again. Leading chefs around the world swear by Le Creuset cookware; it really is superb.
We love these stoneware dishes as they’re suited to both sweet and savoury creations whether you’re roasting or baking; their durable scratch resistant enamelled coating comes in a variety of stunning colours to choose from. At 23cm squared, the dishes capacity is 1.6 litres, giving ample room to create enough yumminess for the family. You can use these dishes in the microwave, freezer and dishwasher, and they’re oven and grill safe up to 260°C / 500°F. To top off their brilliance, they come with a 5 year guarantee, and they’re currently (at the time of this blog’s publish date) only £27 each! To buy yours and check out the whole collection click here or call in store.
This sounds wonderful. I add a few twists to my bread and butter puddings and I cant wait to try this. If it’s as good as I think it will be I will add it to my repertoire. Thank you for posting this recipe. Ps the addition of Lemon curd – what an inspiration.