If you love truffles and Harry Potter (did someone say Harry Potter and truffles in the same sentence?! awesome!), you will love this quick recipe blog showing you how to make stunning gold chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. You can add the wings to transform them into Harry Potter Golden Snitch truffles, or leave them off for an exquisite after dinner treat or homemade gift – perfect for Christmas! Let's go!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Golden Snitch Truffles
50g granulated sugar
90g light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
175g plain flour (cooked in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees to kill bacteria – leave to cool)
225g chocolate chips
300g of cooking chocolate (or candy covering if you prefer) for dipping the truffles
Gold Lustre Dust (click here to buy online)
Rice paper sheets for the wings
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract
- Add the flour slowly and mix well until combined
- Add the chocolate chips until well distributed in the dough
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Roll into small walnut sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax or greaseproof paper (click here to see our online range of baking sheets)
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Melt the cooking chocolate. Carefully drop the truffles, one at a time, into the chocolate and gently coat in chocolate. Place back onto the lined baking sheet to set hard.
- Carefully dip the truffles into the Gold Lustre Dust and coat evenly.
- If you are creating Golden Snitch truffles, craft some wings out of rice paper and attach to your golden truffles with a dab of melted chocolate
Once you’ve made these scrumptious golden delights we would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! We are loving our series of ‘homemade’ blogs leading up to Christmas – lots of treats to serve up to friends and family, or give as a gift. Keep a lookout for more to come; they’re all geared towards gift giving for the upcoming festive season.
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.