Sweet, creamy, gooey and delicious, this NYC inspired Caramac Caramel Cookie recipe is a perfect treat to impress friends and family. Requiring only basic equipment and ingredients this easy to follow recipe is perfect for beginners.
- Creates: 8 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Chilling Time: 30 Minutes
- Baking + Cooling: 40 Minutes
- 5x Caramac Bars (30g each)
- 125g Unsalted Butter / Stork Margarine
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 75g White Granulated Sugar
- 265g Plain Flour
- 1x Large / Medium Egg
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp of Caramel Flavouring
- 100g White Chocolate Chips
Creating the Mixture
- Add your butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add in the large egg, caramel flavouring and keep mixing until smooth.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and beat until the cookie dough is formed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even-sized dough balls.
- Once they are rolled into balls, place them onto a tray or plate and place in the freezer for 30 minutes (or in the fridge for 1 hour).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Remove the cookie dough from the freezer / fridge and put onto a lined / non-stick baking tray - put approximately 4 per baking tray.
Note: They will flatten out whilst baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 10 - 12 minutes (until lightly golden).
- Once baked remove them from the oven and leave to fully cool down on a cooling rack for approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt the Caramac chocolate bars in the microwave for around 30 - 45 seconds. Stir and repeat until the contents become runny.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted Caramac over the cookies, once finished allow the chocolate to cool down and become solid. You can speed this up by placing them in the fridge.