- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- Serves: 10+ people
- 4 Large Eggs
- 300g Blackberries
- 400g Caster Sugar
- 400g Apples (cored)
- 400g Ground Almonds
- 400g Butter (slightly softened)
- 12 Amaretti Biscuits (optional)
- Yoghurt (to serve)
Method* Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4*
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar together and then add the almond and eggs and beat until smooth. Place this mixture into the roaster and spread evenly.
- Slice the apples into wedges and place in three rows on top of the mixture and scatter the blackberries on top. Place the roaster into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the mix has risen and is golden brown.
Serve with crushed amaretti biscuits sprinkled on top with custard or yoghurt and enjoy!