Our easy-to-bake apple crumble recipe is a go-to choice to try at home. Perfect for beginners, it requires basic prep and know-how, resulting in a crisp buttery top layer with a warm fruity filling...
How to Make Apple Crumble
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Baking Time: 30 Minutes to 1 Hour
- Serves: 5 - 6
For The Crumble
- 300g Plain Flour (Sieved)
- 180g Brown Sugar
- 200g Unsalted Butter Cubed
- Pinch of Salt
For The Filling
- 450g Bramley Apples (Peeled, Cored & Cut Into 1cm Pieces)
- 40g Brown Sugar
- 10g White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1x Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl add the sieved flour, sugar, and pinch of salt and mix well.
Place a few cubes of butter and gradually add them to the flour mixture. Continue this until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl add the fruit and evenly sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon and flour. Gently stir whilst being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Using a greased 24cm oven dish spoon the mixture evenly across the base, then evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture on top until the filling is covered.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is golden brown and the fruit mixture piping hot.
We recommend serving it with ice cream, double cream or custard.