- Serves 4-6 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Per Head: £1.06
- Total Cost: £5.30 (As of 08.07.2022 - Tesco Online)
- 500g Carrots
- Tesco English Mustard
- 150ml Double Cream
- Thyme, Parsley, Salt & Black Pepper
- 2kg British Fresh Chicken Skin on Thighs
Method*Pre-heat oven to 160°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3*
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and either add a small splash of oil or low fat cooking spray and cook he chicken thighs in batches, skin side down and cook until the skin browns well and thoroughly cooked through and place to one side.
- Using the same large frying pan, drain all fats and oils from the pan and place back on a medium heat. Add the carrots and leeks and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, place the cooked vegetables into a large baking dish and spread out evenly. Add the thyme, parsley, salt and pepper over the top of the vegetables.
- Add the chicken thighs on top of the fried vegetables and pour 600ml of boiling water in the dish (almost covering the chicken), season, top with kitchen foil and cook for 30 minutes, next, take off the foil and cook uncovered for a further 20 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, remove the chicken and vegetables with tongs and pour the remaining juices into a jug. In a saucepan, pour 300ml of this stock and bring to a boil until it is reduced to half. Stir in the cream and whisk well. This should simmer for a few minutes.
- Lastly, add the mustard and salt and pepper and mix well. Serve the chicken and vegetables and pour this sauce over the top and enjoy!!!!
You can download this recipe here