How to Make Carrot and Parsnip Soup
A perfect choice for a cold Winters evening, our easy to make Carrot and Parsnip Soup Recipe is smooth, creamy and full of flavour. With only basic culinary skills required, this recipe is a perfect choice for beginners. This recipe takes twenty minutes to prep and approximately thirty-five minutes to cook. Also, be sure to check out our other simple to make soup recipes!
We recommend serving this with some warm crusty bread and a dash of cream for good measure.
Tip: Like it spicy? Then add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce to taste!
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
- Serves: 4 - 6 people
- 1x Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2x Garlic Cloves
- 2x Large White Onions
- 4x Carrots (Peeled & Chopped)
- 4x Parsnips (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1.2 Litres of Vegetable Stock
- Tabasco (to taste, optional)
- 100ml Double Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Small bunch of finely chopped parsley
- Heat up the olive oil in the large saucepan on medium heat and add the diced onion, stirring occasionally until translucent, then add the minced garlic, and black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the peeled and chopped carrots, parsnips and stock and bring to the boil on high heat. Once this has reached a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for around 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft once pricked with a knife.
- Take this mixture off the heat and allow it to cool slightly. With a hand blender blend until smooth or until the soup has reached your desired consistency. Add the cream, any additional salt & pepper and sprinkle with fresh parsley.