Show your true love that you care this St Valentine's Day with these fabulous heart-shaped American-style pancakes!
We stock a range of non-stick pancake pans, frying pans and skillets that are ideal for cooking stacks of delicious, fluffy pancakes, many of which do not even require the use of cooking oil. Then all you need is the Zeal 5pce Heart Cookie Cutter Set to stamp out some cute heart shapes from your pancakes and you're ready to get stacking and decorating!
Follow our simple recipe below to make up to 8 small pancakes -
- 135g Self-raising flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 2tbsp Caster sugar
- 130ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Melted butter + extra for frying (if required)
- Strawberries, raspberries, marshmallows and melted chocolate (to decorate - optional)
- Sift the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat with a fork until to a smooth batter. Let the batter stand for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add a knob of butter (if using). When any butter has melted, add a ladle full of the thick batter. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook the other side until golden brown and risen to about 1cm thick.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and leave to stand for a minute to cool slightly. Then carefully cut out your heart shape using the cookie cutter.
- Repeat as many times as you desire and then stack the pancakes and decorate.