So what with staying at home and social distancing, we thought we would create a series of blogs based on easy and cheap recipes that could be useful during these strange times that we find ourselves in at the moment.
Whether it be to combat the boredom, entertain the kids, or provide you and your family with something yummy to eat that’s easy and cheap to make, we are sure you will enjoy what we have in store.
We are kicking off with a sweet treat that is simply divine and super easy to make using minimal ingredients: No-bake Vanilla & Chocolate Cheesecake. Here we go!
No-bake Vanilla & Chocolate Cheesecake
(Serves 2-4 depending how big you like your portions! Double the ingredients up to serve 6-8 but remember you'll need a larger container)
- 40g softened butter
- 5 Digestive biscuits
- 55g sugar
- 100g cream cheese
- 60ml double cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate of your choice for the topping
- Crush the Digestive biscuits. To do this, break them up into a food bag and tie. Use a rolling pin to gently bash and roll the biscuits until they turn to crumbs. Be careful not to burst the bag!
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the sugar.
- Add the butter and mix together.
- Press into a 400ml tin or container.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla together, then fold into the whipped cream.
- Spread the mixture on top of the biscuit mixture. A silicone spatula works well as I find that the back of metal spoon pulls up the base.
- Lastly, top with chocolate of your choice. You could lay your favourites on top if you’ve chosen something like chocolate buttons, or grate/crumble some chocolate to sprinkle on the top if you’ve chosen a bar. You’ll only need a small amount.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
You could change the flavouring and add a corresponding chocolate on top. For example mint or orange.
This is a great, quick and easy dessert to make - we hope you enjoy it!
Why not check out our other blogs - click here to browse our blogs.
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.