A warning comes with this recipe blog: these are moreish with a capital M!
We hope you’ve been enjoying our easy and cheap recipes on the blog, perfect for lockdown to keep busy, keep the children entertained, or simply to make some tasty treats.
Our next recipe can be used for starters, appetisers or a lovely snack, and they are ultra easy to make and so incredibly yummy: Brie, Cranberry and Pecan Bites. Here we go!
Brie, Cranberry and Pecan Bites
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 wheel of brie
- Cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180c / Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin. You can use a mini muffin tin; simply adjust the pastry and brie instructions.
- Divide the pastry sheet into 12 squares. It’s easier to work with chilled pastry rather than letting it come fully to room temperature when it becomes more elasticated. A pizza cutter makes this job super easy if you have one.
- Gently press and shape each square of pastry into the tin holes.
- Cut the Brie so that you have 12 equal squares about 2cm each. You can keep the rind on as it's edible and will somewhat melt when baked; save you a fiddly job!
- Place a piece of brie inside each pastry.
- Add a small dollop of cranberry on top (about ½ - 1 tsp). Not too much or it may overflow when baking.
- Lastly, sprinkle a pecan (or two!) on top.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes, regularly checking, until the pastry is a light golden brown.
Serve freshly hot or at room temperature. They look great on a platter with grapes, apple slices, nuts, chutneys, cold meats and crackers. They are soooooo good!
If you’re not keen on cranberry you could try different preserves such as marmalade, fig, raspberry, apricot or strawberry instead.
You can make these upto 3 days before you need them. Simply cover/seal and refrigerate.
This is a tasty, quick and easy appetiser/starter/snack to make - we hope you enjoy them - we certainly do!
Why not check out our other blogs - click here to browse our blogs.
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.