With hints of pale dusky green, grey and blue, we welcome the stunning Sea Salt Collection by Le Creuset to Potters Cookshop. Exuding the feeling of calm and tranquility, the undertones of all three colours create a unique and stunning colour which will complement almost any colour scheme. And as always, with Le Creuset it's not just about their exquisite colours; quality prevails in each and every item. Built to last, Le Creuset never fails to impress.
Timeless kitchen essentials include casseroles, sauteuses and skillets, all of which can be applied to a whole variety of recipes ranging from stews, roasts, bread and much more. Handcrafted in France using cast iron, which retains heat for longer ensuring even cooking and browning, these beautiful cookware pieces can be used on all hob types including induction and in the oven or under the grill. We love the integrated pouring spouts on the skillet to allow you to easily pour juices from the pan, and the helping handle that provides added stability when moving the pan from the hob to the table. It’s attention to detail like this that makes Le Creuset stand out from the crowd.
With their toughened enamel easy clean interiors, ergonomic stainless steel handles and knobs (note that the 14cm and 20cm Round Casserole feature gold knobs) for comfort and safety, and beautiful Sea Salt colour finish, what more could you ask for. Oh, that’s right… a Le Creuset Lifetime Guarantee - the cherry on the cake!
So without further ado, here’s one of our favourite Le Creuset recipes: Spicy Vegetable Soup with Zucchini Noodles and Mushrooms. Oozing flavour, this dish is perfect for Autumn and Winter, when the weather is turning notably colder and the leaves are starting to fall. We are sure you will love it just as much as we do.
SPICY VEGETABLE SOUP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES AND MUSHROOMS - SERVES 6-8
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 minced shallots
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1 very small minced habanero pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2.3 litres of vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 juiced limes
- 2 medium zucchinis (courgettes), made into noodles
- 2 cups enoki mushrooms (or other mushrooms, depending on availability)
- In a large Round Casserole set over a medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and habanero pepper. Season with salt and pepper and saute until the oil is fragrant, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon stick and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and lime juice and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth and return to the pot. Add the zucchini noodles and mushrooms and continue simmering for 10 minutes, or until the noodles are just tender. Season to taste.
- Place some noodles and mushrooms in the bottom of a shallow bowl and ladle the broth into the bowl. Garnish with micro greens and a lime wedge. Top with a small amount of Sriracha sauce if desired.
We are certain you’ll love this dish, and even more so made and served in the stunning Sea Salt Collection by Le Creuset - find it here. View the rest of our extensive Le Creuset range here, in a variety of beautiful colours. Enjoy.
Why not check out our other blogs - click here to browse our blogs.
Be sure to care and share our blogs. We would love to see you over on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and read your thoughts in the comments below.